View Single Post
Old 03-22-2023, 09:45 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lys View Post
But I do. That's not the point we are discussing

The problem highlighted in this thread is that sometimes the sync process doesn't finish on the device and the issue seems to be linked to the collections (I - or others - created through Calibre). Maybe the issue is linked to the # of collections we have, maybe with the number of books we have in them. Some reported they managed to avoid the issue by *not* putting downloaded books in the collections. To pinpoint the cause(s) has been a trial-and-see process.

So far, deleting the collection(s) on the device does the trick to unstuck the sync process. You can then create again the collections and - at least for a while - everything is fine.

Since I personally have 0 need to have my collections sync'ed to the cloud, try and tell my Kobo not to sync them may solve the issue once and for all

PS: Shelves, Collections... we all know here what we are talking about - regardless on how Kobo changed the name over time
If some of these collections are for series, you can do away with them and just setup to use series instead. It means you'll be able to do away with some or most collections.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote