View Single Post
Old 03-14-2023, 01:05 PM   #61
arjaybe
Wizard
arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekbell View Post
As far as I can tell I don't taste bitter more acutely but rather have the ability to taste a bitter that most can't. My amateur google-fu indicates that there is a wide variability in 'bitter taste receptor genes'.
Similar with the sense of smell, I guess. I have a good sense of smell, but I can't smell the blue spruce at the front of our property. That is, I can faintly smell it when I crush its needles under my nose, but to other people it's just as strong as you would expect it to be.

I can smell other blue spruces normally, as well as plenty of other conifers, just not that particular tree.

As for bitter, I enjoy the bitterness of coffee and beer, but not anything seriously bitter that puts a clamp on the back of the tongue.
arjaybe is offline   Reply With Quote