View Single Post
Old 02-01-2023, 11:29 AM   #221
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by repilo View Post
Thank you.
I have some doubts about hinting and kerning in Kobo.
If I understand correctly, Kobo can use fonts with or without hinting. But what happens, Kobo doesn't need hinting or it is not designed to take advantage of hinting?

Is Kobo, out of the box, capable of using kerning or does it require something to be installed or tweaked?
Kobo doesn't need hinting. But it also works with hinting. If you have a Kindle and a Kobo, you can use the same hinted version.

As for Kerning, reading ePub works with kerning without having to do anything. KePub does not work with kerning by default. There is a setting you can put in the config file to have kerning on. I'll have to look up what that is when I get a chance and post it here unless someone else beats me to it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote