View Single Post
Old 11-26-2022, 07:32 AM   #16
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by feuille View Post
Hello Comfy.n,

I implemented two of your hints (see history).

In order to calculate the display time of a progress bar, I stopped intermediate times in the program flow. To my surprise, the HTML rendering of the text browser widget consumes 2/3 of the total runtime! I may implement in a future release a workaround like stepwise asynchronous loading with a timer or so, but I need to do some research on that.
Thank you for the mention, I appreciate it!
Just did a quick test and confirmed that I had two identical books (Ratio 0):

Click image for larger version

Name:	MWSnap0922 2022-11-26, 09_09_47.png
Views:	153
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	198017

Then I found both are sourced from Gutenberg (one is a StandardEbooks edition).
Dark theme on-screen output is fine now, and it's great to have a one-click TextDiff tool within Calibre, thank you again.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote