View Single Post
Old 11-24-2022, 03:48 AM   #13
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Thank you for this plugin! I plan to use it more, in the future, to compare Orwell's 1984 translations, but I just gave it a try for testing purposes and noticed the HTML output to file will be great for this use case, as it displays the text differences side-by-side in a very synchronized fashion.

some quick notes:
  • The toolbar button click could default directly to the "Compare" action, instead of triggering the menu opening, IMO...
  • Calibre UI will hang for a while during TextDiff, so at first I wasn't sure that this was just a temporary halt.
  • The "Save output as ebook" action sometimes returns an error, I forgot to take note of what it was about
  • Under Dark theme, it's best to use the "Save output to file", as the on-screen output isn't tuned to that color palette

Last edited by Comfy.n; 11-24-2022 at 07:09 AM.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote