View Single Post
Old 11-20-2022, 10:49 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
But yes, the memory limitation seems... not great. I'd use temp files.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
My laptop does have 16GB, but most don't. My Surface Pro 2 is only 8GB.

I do think the memory usage should be fixed right away.
The plugin is keeping TXT files in memory. According to this thread on Quora, 1 GB is approximately 900,000 pages, or 179 million "standard" words (5 single-byte characters plus a space). If the text is 100% UTF-8 extended characters then using the same assumptions as in the thread there are 11 bytes per word. A GB would be 98 million words or 488,000 pages.

I don't know how many people will be comparing 900,000 page books, or even 488,000 page books.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote