View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 10:43 AM   #89
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
So you might miss some great stuff because of stupid comparisons.
Them’s the breaks. I already will never be able to read everything I’d like to read. If some of my filters are imperfect, it’s doesn’t mean they’re useless or counterproductive.

When I read blurbs, I’m looking to be sold. If I’m a likely prospect and instead I’m turned off, it’s not my problem, it’s the fault of the marketer. I’ll go with the books where the marketer respects my intellligence instead of thinking me an easy mark. “For fans of Stephen King, Barbara Cartland and Thomas Mann!” It’s really no different than a cheesy cover; it’s all part of the packaging.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote