View Single Post
Old 07-10-2022, 07:31 AM   #62
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Yes, baffling. Hence I suppose some are very keen on KOReader here or brain-dead Android apps that ignore the CSS.

I fix the ebooks, which wife appreciates (though she could do it if she wanted to). Most people have no idea that the formatting can be fixed. A bit of HTML and CSS isn't as hard as learning C, C++, Java etc. Mostly fixing is deleting stupid stuff.
Fixing is replacing stupid stuff with not stupid stuff for the stuff that you want to work. The rest is deleting the junk like the excessive amount of CSS classes not used in the CSS and HTML, unused IDs, unused internal page numbers, etc.

Depending on the eBook, sometimes I will convert ePub 3 to ePub 2 because the ePub 3 is a right mess. or sometimes things are done that may not work in RMSDK on a Kobo so I go back to ePub 2 with code that works.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote