View Single Post
Old 05-23-2022, 04:43 PM   #1
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Older Kindles losing store access in August

I saw a report on Reddit of owners of older Kindle models being told by Amazon that their devices will no longer be able to access the store to purchase books as of August 17, 2022. Books can still be purchased in other ways and will be readable on these devices.

Despite having older devices registered to my Amazon account I have yet to receive this email myself.

Quote:
Thank you for continuing to use one of our earliest Kindle devices. While you can continue reading on your device, as of August 17, 2022, store functionality will no longer be available. This change only affects certain devices introduced 10+ years ago (listed below). As of August 17, you'll no longer be able to browse, buy, or borrow books directly from these Kindle devices. As always, you'll be able to browse, buy, and borrow books on other supported devices or through amazon.com/ebooks.

Which Kindle devices are affected? Kindle (2nd Gen) International, Kindle DX International, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle (4th Gen), and Kindle (5th Gen). Our records show at least one of these devices is registered to this email address. Visit Manage your Content and Devices to see all your registered devices. If you are unsure which device(s) you have, visit Identify Your Kindle for more information.

Can I still read on my Kindle? Yes. You can still access your existing library from your Kindle, deliver newly purchased or borrowed books to it, or download books from your “Archived Items.”

How can I shop for Kindle books after August 17, 2022?
  • Visit amazon.com/ebooks in a browser on your phone, tablet, or computer.
  • Use the Kindle Store on a touchscreen Kindle or Amazon Fire tablet.
  • Upgrade to a new Kindle. Use code [REDACTED] to save 30% and get $40 in eBook credit. Offer valid through July 5, 2022, at 11:59 PM (PT). Terms and Conditions apply.

If you have any questions, please visit our FAQ or contact our Customer Service team who will be happy to help you.

Regards, The Kindle Team
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote