View Single Post
Old 11-13-2021, 01:42 AM   #11
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
If I already have ActiveTcl 8.6.9 installed (and also have 8.6.9 installer saved), is it safe to update to macOS Monterey? or is Monterey incompatible with Sigil 1.8.0 and plugins that require ActiveTcl 8.6.x? Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by troubledMan View Post
... In the process to move from macOS High Sierra to macOS Monterey, after installed everything needed, so I think, I've found this log when trying to use the [kindlegen] plugin:

Spoiler:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/plugin_launchers/python/launcher.py", line 141, in launch
target_script = __import__(script_module)
File "/Users/####/Library/Application Support/sigil-ebook/sigil/plugins/KindleGen/plugin.py", line 25, in <module>
from tkinter import Tk, BOTH, StringVar, IntVar, BooleanVar, PhotoImage, messagebox, DISABLED
File "tkinter/__init__.py", line 36, in <module>
ImportError: dlopen(/Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/python3.8/lib-dynload/_tkinter.cpython-38-darwin.so, 0x0002): Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.6/Tcl
Referenced from: /Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/python3.8/lib-dynload/_tkinter.cpython-38-darwin.so
Reason: tried: '/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.6/Tcl' (no such file), '/System/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.6/Tcl' (no such file)
Error: dlopen(/Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/python3.8/lib-dynload/_tkinter.cpython-38-darwin.so, 0x0002): Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.6/Tcl
Referenced from: /Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/python3.8/lib-dynload/_tkinter.cpython-38-darwin.so
Reason: tried: '/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.6/Tcl' (no such file), '/System/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.6/Tcl' (no such file)

I think it is related with some called Tcl, isn't it? What can I do to resolve this?

Environment:
- macOS 12.0.1
- Sigil 1.8.0 (in default location)
- Kindle Previewer 3.59.1 (in default location)
- KindleGen plugin 0.5.5 (Checked "Use Bundle Python")
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
You'll need to install ActiveTcl.)
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote