View Single Post
Old 11-12-2021, 03:01 PM   #20
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Still, a fun experiment.

I have my Clara and my 6" Glowlight Plus set very similarly. On the Kobo I get 23 lines of text and on the Nook I get twenty. Though I only squeezed those extra three lines out on the Kobo with patches. Otherwise I get more lines on my Nook.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but on the complaints about font size, I don't think I would want a 3.5 font size. it would likely be too small for me (though I wouldn't complain if they decided to add more font sizes, I just wouldn't use them).
I'm fussy about it too. And I don't quite understand why the software developers, or whoever makes these decisions set the font sizing ramps the way they do. It seems like most of them will go from very small to way too large in between numbers somewhere in the ranges with every major manufacturer with a few exceptions like Kobo, which has a slider type of setting. You would think a slider setting would be the way to go. Perhaps it has to do with the early days of E-ink and our lack of technological know-how in working with it? Or limitations of the screen and E-ink technology itself?
Anyways, looks like my optimal settings are 26 lines, both on the Kobo and the Pocketbook Touch HD3 with Chareink font. 24 lines with Literata Book font. Although at night I'll bump the font size up a little sometimes, if I'm tired. Chareink seems easier to read at a smaller size than most other fonts.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote