View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 06:33 PM   #15
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post

How were the Tiedemann and Reichert books? I didn't hear great things about Tiedemann, but I am still curious.
The novels by Mickey Zucker Reichert were fantastic. They were a great start to the saga and I rated them 4 stars out of five. They were more about Susan Calvin gaining her medical degree and her relationship with her father and how she found employment in US Robotics. Robots are only a minor storyline in the first and second books.

I also rated Mark W. Tiedmanns books a 4 star. They were very enjoyable and kept a lively pace.

The Caliban trilogy by Roger MacBride Allen were also very enjoyable and I rated them 3 stars.

As a comparison, Foundations Fear by Gregory Benford I rated a 1 star. It was heavily padded out and storylines that didn't make sense or were too far off-topic to be part of the Foundation universe. Joan of Arc... really?? Intelligent cats, talking dogs. 60+ pages devoted to a visit to a zoo.

Most of Asimovs Robot books (Robot Dreams, Complete Robot, Positronic Man etc) I rated as a 1 star also.

Last edited by Karellen; 09-20-2021 at 06:37 PM.
Karellen is online now   Reply With Quote