View Single Post
Old 08-05-2021, 06:33 PM   #12
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
It may well be a stupid translation. However, it is theirs, not mine.

Whether or not it is Asahi glass, I don't know. It is certainly very different from the screen used on the regular Note which is much softer and noticeably flexible. And it does seem to be durable. Certainly, I've had no problems with my Note Pro.
AFAIK the original Note and the Note Pro should both use flexible Mobius displays on a plastic substrate, only the Note has glass slapped on top of the actual display. I think that might be what @ottischwenk meant, but it might not have become quite clear

The plastic substrate is supposed to make the display panel less likely to break and more robust than one based on glass substrate, which reportedly are more prone to breaking (whether or not there's glass on top of the display is an independent question, that glass is typically quite robust).
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote