View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 09:01 AM   #68
rowe
Zealot
rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A9, Mira, Paperlike Colour
Interesting, the Cect listing says the anti-glare film is factory applied. Seems not at least on the good ereader one.

On the Hisense A5 the film was pre-applied, but it was almost irrelevant as the A5 has terrible ghosting under direct sunlight (on mine at least). And I suspect poor sharpness on the A5 is as much to do with the surface layers as a DPI that's a little less than most modern readers.

If given the option between glossy/matte, I'd prefer matte. But glossy does usually have darker blacks and seems sharper.

The best screens IMO use glass-like surfaces that are micro-etched to get the best of both worlds. I think the Kindle Voyage had this, and it's still the best e-reader screen we've ever had the opportunity to buy. Unfortunately this seems to be rarely used in screen manufacturing due to cost (it's a £300 option on iMacs).

Last edited by rowe; 04-27-2021 at 09:26 AM.
rowe is offline   Reply With Quote