View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 06:52 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by freud View Post
Hello everybody, I am a newbie.
I have a Kobo Clara HD; several weeks ago I have been forced to uninstall the latest version of Calibre and install and older one (3.48 64 bit).
Now, when I connect my e-reader, I am able to upload new ebooks, but at the end of the task I get these message

Kobo database version unsopported

calibre, version 3.48.0
WARNING: Failed: Kobo database version unsupported - See details

Your Kobo is running an updated firmware/database version. As calibre does not know about this updated firmware, database editing is disabled, to prevent corruption. You can still send books to your Kobo with calibre, but deleting books and managing collections is disabled. If you are willing to experiment and know how to reset your Kobo to Factory defaults, you can override this check by right clicking the device icon in calibre and selecting "Configure this device" and then the "Attempt to support newer firmware" option. Doing so may require you to perform a factory reset of your Kobo.
Device database version: 161.
Device firmware version: (4, 25, 15875)

How could I solve this?
By following the instructions in the message. And do it while the device is connected. Otherwise, you need to go through the preferences and the Plugins page and find the driver.

But, why are you going back in calibre versions? If you had version 5.x installed, there is no good reason to go back to 3.48.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote