View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 08:30 AM   #27
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Shorcuts for chains are not working for me (they don't appear in the menu till I restart calibre and, when they appear, they don't work)
Strange. It is working for me with calibre 5.4. I will update later to 5.5 and see if it makes a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Date template (format_date (today, "dd/MM/yyyy")) is not giving the right month.
When applying templates to date columns the formatting depends on the formatting value of the date column itself. So, make the template "program: today()" and modify the formatting in your column (preferences > add you own columns > double click on column > format for dates).

If you are applying the template to a text column, I tried your example and it returns the month correctly. (see screens)

If you want a pre-defined value that evaluates to current time, there is a checkbox for that, you can use templates but you don't need to. But make sure you have the latest version, because there was a glitch earlier. (see screenshot).

Also whenever you hardcode a date value into a date column (does not matter for text columns) using a template, it is better to use a format that will not confuse parse_date (because sometimes it confuses months with days). So use 12-nov-2011 instead of 12-11-2011. (and the formatting will follow your column value as explained above)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	474
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	183535   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	443
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	183537  
Attached Images

capink is offline   Reply With Quote