View Single Post
Old 08-22-2020, 03:10 PM   #65
book14
book14 began at the beginning.

Device: Shine 2 HD
Tolino shine 2 HD

I just installed it on my Tolino shine 2 HD.

What I did:

- Compared the original boot images (13.2.1) from shine 3 and vision 4 HD, vision 3 HD, vision 2, shine 2 HD, page.
They are identical. I thought, give it a try.
- Updated to 13.2.1 on my shine 2 HD.
- Tried to install TWRP (3.3.1.v2) from Ryogo and of course Team Win (thanks a lot!) by fastboot, didn't work (unknown partition 'boot-13.2.1-adb-root-mtp.img', fastboot: error: cannot determine image filename for 'boot-13.2.1-adb-root-mtp.img').
- Booted into TWRP by fastboot and installed TWRP.
- Rebooted, everything was fine.
- Rebooted to TWRP and installed boot-13.2.1-adb-root-mtp.img.
- Rebooted, everything was fine, adb was working now.
- Installed Simple Ink Launcher (1.2) from Dmitriy Simbiriatin (thanks a lot!)
- Installed Total Commander (3.0 ARMv7) from Ghisler brothers (thanks a lot!, much nicer than 2.91)
- Tried to copy modified EPubProd.apk by TC over the original one. Didn't work, no root rights. This came unexpected, since Peripathetic stated boot-13.2.1-adb-root-mtp.img provides root rights. Maybe I misunderstand something here.
- Installed Magisk (19.3) from topjohnwu (thanks a lot!), gave TC superuser rights and replaced EPubProd.apk.
- Rebooted et voila! I share Peripathetic's opinion. The bookmark icon on every page is distracting.

Thanks a lot to all mentioned developers, awesome works

I'm curious if this improves battery life. I come from https://forum.alles-ebook.de/thread/...dels/?pageNo=1 with 12.2.0 and used the original EPubProd.apk. No good idea, this combination just eats your battery

Last edited by book14; 08-22-2020 at 03:12 PM. Reason: grammar
book14 is offline   Reply With Quote