View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 12:08 PM   #12
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The "thread" intentionally has a title different from the OP, because the OP specifically pertains to certain plugins.

Some other plugins may be compatible only with versions higher than 3.41.0 but lower than 4.0 due to a few fundamental changes made to Calibre in 4.0.

For Windows users, Dark Mode was added to Calibre in 4.6. If a plugin assumes that capability, then its minimum version is 4.6.

It might also depend on when they began to use specific functions within the Polyglot Library that "appeared" within Calibre.

For example, the builtins in Polyglot were last enhanced in August 2019, when Calibre 3.46 was current. If a plugin imports that specific builtin from Polyglot, then its minimum Calibre version became 3.46 on that day.

The plugins with a minimum version of 3.46 should be posted in this thread prior to releasing any new version that requires Calibre 4+.

Users need a place to go for "old versions" of plugins, just like they have for "old versions" of Calibre.

I was asked in 3 different plugin threads to create this particular thread for the reasons enumerated in this thread's OP and that for device-specific reasons, they cannot use Calibre higher than 3.48. Per Calibre itself:

Quote:
If you are using Windows 7 or Vista please, use calibre 3.48, which works with all Windows 7/Vista machines
I would have also uploaded versions of my plugins for 3.48, but I do not have any; I only stashed 3.41.0.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 02-25-2020 at 12:20 PM.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote