View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 05:07 PM   #74
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
No need Starting from version 4.16 Kobo changed (corrected) the keyboard and
Code:
[ApplicationPreferences]
CurrentLocale=ru
ExtraLocales=ru
in Kobo eReader.conf quite sufficient. Patch - a matter of taste, my opinion-it is unnecessary (not needed). This also applies to other languages.
I'll check it again, haven't tried in a long time. I distinctly remember not liking the results of
Code:
CurrentLocale=ru
and I was not able to make it work using only
Code:
ExtraLocales=ru
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's not actually illegal. But B&N no longer make the nook firmware available to download manually. It's no different then other threads saying Bookerly can be had from a new enough Kindle firmware. What might be a problem is giving specific instructions on how to extract the fonts.
The firmware is still available for manual download. 1.3.2 for Glowlight, for instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But the free Type Light will let you rename fonts and it is stable and a lot easier to use.
Also (and especially if you can't/don't want to install a separate program but have Java), then TTFEdit is a viable alternative, too.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote