View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 11:10 PM   #7
Silverty
Connoisseur
Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O2
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
Agree one should be careful about 3rd party site downloads for Android, but they're not all bad. Heck if they were inherently bad, no one would ever install a custom ROM or sideload an app. Their download page looks like it includes one of the download links directly to the Google Play store.

Do you know for a fact this is a bad app, and a bad site? Lots of readers offer in-app purchases, and lots of Android apps are developed by Russians, so neither of those items were inherently red flags to me.
I can say now that I did not download the third party version. I found mine on the Google Play Store because it had a 4.8 rating and a clean interface that pulled me in. There is a Synchronization option that I haven't used. It says it can synchronize your Google books with it but I don't really buy Google books so I didn't use it.

I do like that it connects you to websites like Bookbub so you can find other free books though. Nice little feature.
Silverty is offline   Reply With Quote