View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 03:53 PM   #30
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@frostschutz: Yeah, even on my unopened one, the fit of the top edge of the bezel/IR array is atrocious :/.

11px is the value Nickel itself blacks out, to avoid any possible nitpicking on that front (i.e., I shift the blame to Kobo ;p).

That works out fine on my end, I can maaaaaybe see one or two of those if I look at it at a reaaally shallow angle (like, err, when it's sitting next to the keyboard during tests ;p). . But then you start to see fairly weird crap everywhere at that angle, plus the reflections off the IR casing .

In any case, that fudging around is togglable, to restore the previous behavior .

----

EDIT: Stupid idea of the night: one could use the nightmode hack as a skeleton on which to base something to forcibly black out those pixels in Nickel: interpose updates w/ top=11 & height=1429, and possibly add a bit of targeted memset if Nickel also skips writing to those entirely, and not just refreshes .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-19-2018 at 04:04 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote