View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 09:27 PM   #122
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
So am I safe to assume those are the same issues plaguing the Glowlight 3? Maybe the solution is easier than B&N realizes?

I'm out of my depth, I admit.
Honestly, I'm way out of my depth which is why I didn't expand on my answer.

If IIRC and understand it, the issue at it's core is in the Adobe epub rendering code, and may not be easily be manipulated/changed by the ereader companies. I *think* there were a couple of hacks for Kobo that people were using to try and get around this problem but they had their own potential downsides. I can't say I've ran into it or looked at it closely as I usually use kepubs so I could be wrong on all this . Check the Kobo forum if you want correct details.

What I can say with certainty is that B+N answer that it's because ebooks are designed for a specific number of pages is completely wrong

Last edited by robko; 01-09-2018 at 09:31 PM.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote