View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 12:14 PM   #53
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Bah. Some people should stop jackassing around.

My phone has been having issues with Google stuff, such as Youtube being unstable, off and on. The latest issue is that I suddenly can't search for contacts in the dialer/contact app. First I thought the screen was going defective, but other programs with a search bar in the same spot just work.

So, I wiped the entire phone (Nexus 4, old, I know, but it still has enough power to do what I need of it) and installed LineageOS, the successor to CyanogenMod. At first it seemed to work fine: blazing fast, everything worked, installed and configured everything. Nice. Running Android 7.1.2, my 5 year old Nexus is ahead of my GF's three month old €200 budget phone, both in hardware AND software.

And then... I left the phone alone for a night.

It dropped from fully charged to 50% in eight hours.

Battery life on Lineage is atrocious. If you're working with the device, it's about the same as it was, but when in idle, "something" doesn't idle. The battery graph shows a steady downward slope, and projected usage is 16 hours, when doing exactly nothing.

I've wiped the phone again, and re-installed the official factory image. During updates, I've left the phone alone for an hour or two, and when it's not doing anything, the battery indicator is (almost) flat.

Youtube works, but I still can't search in the Phone/dialer/contact app... wonder how and if this will ever be fixed.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote