View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 08:53 AM   #13
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
svg cover images are always centered and can preserve aspect ratio or not as per your preferences. And when conversion inserts a cover it always uses SVG, unless you set the option to not use SVG.

As for the rest of your questions, trying to guess what you are actually doing from your descriptions of what you think you are doing is too difficult, see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=186697
Thank you for your response. I'm sorry my posts are not understandable. I realize that I post long messages, and that's because I try to give enough details, but then I know that long messages are a pain to have to read through.

I just did an experiment: Converted a file that did not have the cover image PNG file marked as the cover and the XHTML file was not marked as the cover (a common problem with ebooks...). The conversion (with No SVG checked) did not center the cover image and there was a duplicate cover page created (as expected). Then I marked both files as the cover image, unchecked No SVG, checked Preserve ratio, did the conversion again, and the image was centered with no duplicate image HTML file created.

So, it seems I now have the right settings, but I will have to manually make sure that both files are marked as the cover image (which I knew about, but I was trying to avoid having to do that due to the quantity of ebooks I'm working with--and many of the epub files don't have those two files marked as the cover image).

Thank you all for your help!
deback is offline   Reply With Quote