View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 04:34 PM   #3
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Why not just use 'Polish' or Modify EPUB plugin to Update the book.
Those 2 do not convert, they simply use the cover and metadata from the Library manager.
Why not? Because I'm fussy (perfectionist) and have lots of things to edit in each epub file. I don't believe those two things would do all the things I do when I edit a file. I'm just trying to limit the amount of things I do every time I open an epub file.

I don't use the Library. I only use Calibre to convert files, add or replace cover images, and to edit them in Edit Book.

I drag epub files into Calibre and then use Convert to either add covers and convert or just convert--and then I use Edit Book to manually edit each of the epub files to fix the stuff that the conversion process doesn't fix (delete extra cover images, copy and paste the cover image code I like the best, change the CSS codes to remove linespaces in only the text portion, find and fix all errors with Check Book, remove unused CSS rules, beautify files, and some other fixes)--and then I drag the epub files back to the author folder in File Explorer where I store all the epub files. I don't keep the individual metadata and cover files...

I was just wondering why there are different HTML codes when you add a cover image and convert vs. when you just convert a file that already has an image. The cover image appearance is different in both cases. I would like to see the conversion process (when you don't add a cover image) use the code that I get when I add a cover image and convert.

It would be so great if the conversion process would do all these things that I do manually, but I don't expect that will happen. I am thankful that I can smarten the punctuation, set the margins, justify the text, and add a font. I would love to find out that I'm missing some settings somewhere that would do some of these things I do manually.

Thanks.

Last edited by deback; 10-23-2017 at 04:49 PM.
deback is offline   Reply With Quote