View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 05:27 AM   #11
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja_hbg View Post
I face same issue i.e. columns are continue on next page instead of break. Also the "test_copy.epub" show same result as in the screen from Satish but to be honest I am using Kobo Aura One.

At the end I like to see two columns vertical page by page.
Currently the columns either flow to next page or too many columns side by side which leads into loosing text.

I have no clue about CSS. But after reading a lot in this forum I put additional CSS information in Calibre as follows:
p,div,span,body{margin: 0;}
p,div,span,body{-epub-writing-mode: vertical-rl;}
body{height: 1400px; width: 1000px; -webkit-column-count: 2; -webkit-column-width: 45%;-webkit-column-gap: 10%;}

- vertical without columns is perfect
- columns with or without vertical are not proper
The issue of the OP was with an epub3 and you, in Kobo, are working with an epub2 ebook, so "-webkit-column-count" won't work. Try using .kepub instead of .epub.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote