View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 06:21 PM   #3
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Hitch: Let me preface this with: IANAG (I am not a Greenie). Given that, I would speculate that the request had more to do with duration than anything else. One can (and we often do) vent and/or rant about the vicissitudes of our respective governments and some of their decisions. But once it goes past a certain point, it becomes a discussion, not a rant, and more properly belongs in P&R. If I were a greenie (and I certainly have been in other venues), I would have stopped the discussion at nearly the same place (maybe 8-24 hours later). The hope is always that it proves it's really just a V&R topic by dying out.

Some topics go straight to P&R, and should, because they have a proven track record of being incendiary. Others end up there because they degenerate. But still others, such as this one, aren't inherently incendiary, and can usually be allowed to die a natural death without anyone getting their knickers in a knot or getting feelings hurt. But then, sometimes, it requires a Green Ink message to remind everyone. That's OK, that's the right and proper role of our beloved mods, and I, for one, respect and appreciate what they do, and (usually) agree with their actions. (This is not an invitation to discuss any that I or you might not have agreed with.)
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote