View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 11:28 PM   #14
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
The adware on that site is so in control that anytime you download calibre you are also downloading the adware and it is installing right along with calibre.
You obviously aren't downloading from calibre's site. For the last 6 years I have downloaded and installed virtually every update of calibre from calibre's site and I never once had any adware installed on my machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
Sorry folks but I am an IT professional and I have my ways of find this out.
Just because you're an "IT professional" doesn't mean you're qualified to analyze a personal computer. If you are having adware installed it is time to look closer (local network, images or backups you're using etc...) because the adware isn't coming from any of calibre's download pages.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote