View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 08:13 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Hum, I read some of his HP Lovecraft take-offs. I assume these are some sort of horror. How would you describe it? Is there some other similar type series? Have you ever read Paul Wilson's, the Keep? How does it compare in feel with that?
Paul Wilson:
I've read only the Keep, by Paul Wilson. There are other titles in that series, but that's the only one I've read thus far. Unfortunately (for me), I found it very tedious reading.

Brian Lumley:
For me, these Brian Lumley books combine espionage, horror, pulp-fiction writing, vampires, etc. all in a progressively complicated storyline. But for me, that's OK: I enjoy that type of writing. To summarize, reading them is fun, with plenty of horror thrown in.

I would suggest to anyone that he or she download a sample of the first one (Necroscope), and then see if that keeps one's interest.

The quality varies, of course, from one book to the next, but I think that's normal for a series of such length.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote