View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 10:37 PM   #36
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
Simply put, I almost never pay MSRP.
I don't know where you live, but paying MSRP is not American:
Quote:
In a 2012 presentation, Mr. Johnson, then still Penney's CEO, said the company was selling fewer than one out of every 500 items at full price.
I'm a library borrower, not a book buyer. But on the rare occasion I do buy a book, I have gotten used to getting a JC-Penney style mega discount. Maybe Amazon should try charging the eBook at the hardback list price for first couple of weeks after release, and afterwards mark it down by 60 percent or so. Then, vary prices a little every week, just like an airline, so eBook bargain hunters can feel they got an unusually good deal, just as do paper book buyers.

Maybe I should have taken out a business process patent on this before posting

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 11-30-2013 at 10:40 PM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote