View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #11
gryphonreader
gryphonreader began at the beginning.

Device: iphone5, iPad3, Kobo Aura, Sony PRS1, Aluratak ereader, Palm Lifedrive
Hi

I tried to install Koreader (and the other stuff) twice to a new Kobo Aura this afternoon. I followed the directions very carefully and again when I removed the items between tires. Everything seemed to go exactly as described but when I open the Koreader I get a file manager page which says 1 of 2 pages, listing the authors and a few individual titles. From here however, OCCASIONALLY I can get one of the author folders to go to a list of items in the folder, but nothing will open an actual book and once there, it takes a reset to be able to access the home page again.

I'll admit to being frustrated and out of time so I've removed everything, again following the instructions and will try again when I have more time. Can you think of any reason this locks up at the file manager?

All I really want is the KoReader because I have a bazillion pdb ebooks from fictionwise that I would really like to be able to read on something - yes I know I could run everything through Calibre, but it would be nice to have something that could read the pdb format.

Koreader looks like a really neat idea and I will try again, but thought maybe you might have some insights on what I didn't do or even if this will work on the Aura.

Cheers,
gryphonreader
gryphonreader is offline   Reply With Quote