Thread: Kobo Bug thread
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #50
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
@Ripplinger: added. Could you create also a test document with Sigil?

Bug: If a special character is followed by a tag and a word and no whitespace, word is wrapped anyway to the next line
Device: Glo, Mini, Touch
From Firmware: 2.5.1

@anyone: the fact the database seems to get corrupted very easily seems to me a big bad bug...
Let me experiment a bit and see if I can come up with a text that will consistently do it without any copyright issues (copyright is the main concern, or I could just upload my current book I'm reading). It will have to be just the right length to catch the split and certain size font, and that font size will change somewhat if you change fonts.

It's definitely not an issue of a corrupt database at all, it's just bad software that splits in places it shouldn't be splitting at.

Edit: Created a very short 2 page epub that will show the beginning quote on one line and the following word falling on the next line for 2 instances. There's also images showing where the bug is in the text (with a bug to indicate it, of course!), and also an image of the font settings. It happens no matter what font you use, if the beginning quote will fall towards the end of the line, it will be split. In the images I have it set to full justify, but it makes no difference if you have justify off, set to left or set to right, it happens with all settings. The stylesheet for the epub does not specify any justification at all, I left it up to the reader software.

The stylesheet is as simple as possible, the only styles used in the book are <p> and <i> for italics:
Code:
p { 
display: block;
margin-top: 0em;
margin-bottom: 0em;
margin-left: 0em;
margin-right: 0em;
text-indent: 1.5em;
 }
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kobo 01.jpg
Views:	1110
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	105658   Click image for larger version

Name:	kobo 02.jpg
Views:	1036
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	105659   Click image for larger version

Name:	kobo 03.jpg
Views:	1077
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	105660  
Attached Files
File Type: epub Kobo samples.epub (2.8 KB, 906 views)

Last edited by Ripplinger; 05-11-2013 at 05:56 AM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote