View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 12:43 AM   #12
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarthak View Post
I live outside the US in Nepal and i will get my brother who is currently in US to bring me one this holiday..based on that which will be a better option to buy ( i dont think i will be able to access cloud storage or visit online stores,,either on kindle or nook,,or will it be possible??? )
You won't be able to access the B&N online store from Nepal unless you use a VPN to make B&N think you're in the US. I don't know which ebook stores sell to Nepal, if any. If your brother gets a Nook, I think you should have him register it before he leaves the US. You can buy ePub format books from any online store except Apple's and load them onto a Nook. If you haven't already done so, you should probably ask in a Kindle format to see if anyone knows whether you can access the Amazon store/cloud in Nepal.

It looks like the Nook Touch and the Kindle 3/Touch both support Unicode fonts for non-Roman alphabets. I think that for the Nook Touch you may need to have books with embedded fonts, I'm not sure about the Kindle Touch.

I'm obviously biased towards the Nook Touch. It's a very nice eReader with a long battery life and I am happy with it.

Last edited by bgalbrecht; 11-18-2011 at 12:51 AM.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote