View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 11:02 AM   #44
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola Morris View Post
Hello, I have also got a problem with font in epub. I create an epub file in Calibre but the font shows as bold on my reader? Any ideas please? I have spent hours trying to work it out :S.
I use calibre, embedded fonts plug in to display the cyrillic characters, they all show ok, but bold. Please help!
Many thanks,
Is the problem in all epub files or just one particular one?

If it's one particular epub the problem is probably that bold is specified in the epub's .css file. You can always fix this manually but there is no "magic button". You could try a simple option first, but it may or may not work depending on the css inside the epub.

Simple
Do an epub-to-epub conversion in Calibre with this in the Convert - Look&Feel-ExtraCSS box:
Code:
body {font-weight: normal}
Manual - but more reliable
  • Select the epub in Calibre and choose the Tweak-epub option.
  • Press the Explode button.
  • Find the file with extension .css and open it in your standard text editor.
  • Search for text something like (may not be exact)
    Code:
    font-weight: bold
    and change the word bold to normal
    You will need to be careful because some of these may be making your headings bold and you may not want to change those. Once you have finished save the changes, close the file and the text editor.
  • If you are using Calibre v0.8, there is a Preview button which will let you check whether your unwanted bold has gone.
  • Press the Rebuild button to recreate the edited epub and you are finished.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote