View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 10:59 AM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
that is self defeating, I want to make the change so that lines can be split on either side of the ndash ( once converted to Kindle) if needs be - a non breaking space either side would prevent that I assume.

other search / replace engines ( e.g. sigil) support leading / trailing spaces - they are somewhat essential when using regex to remove unwanted line feeds. as you need constructs like space\1 in your replace box.

it would be MUCH faster to do a single find+replace & epub to epub convert in calibre that it is to go to sigil, set it to code view, set its find /replace to all files, all instances & then make the changes that way, but if leading trailing space cant be used....

& I guess there are other valid reasons for wanting to add extra ( normal) space via the search / replace engine
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote