View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 09:39 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
While this is all too often the case with cheap fonts these days, it is definitely not the case with high quality, well crafted fonts, as any skilled typographer knows.

In well designed Caps & Small Caps fonts, the overall visual density of the page is the same as when using the companion Caps & Lower Case version of the font. When you substitute small point size capitals that match the height of proper small cap characters the result is a lighter appearance.
I'll have to give it a test. I do have Fontin in a small caps version. I can also see how simulating smallcaps from the regular version compares.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote