View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 09:19 PM   #9
JTravers
Groupie
JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Yes you can use both in principle. There's no need to have the libprs500 driver installed. However, using both to transfer files may lead to problems. I haven't really tested this. This is because the ebooklib software uses a slightly different XML database format.
It appears that I may be suffering from a side-effect of this. I had been doing all my file transfers via eBook Library, so I didn't have to wait for the Reader to process newly loaded files. However, I recently transferred some files via libprs500. Now whenever I plug my Reader in when eBook Library is running, eBook Library freezes so badly that I have to kill the process to quit from the program.

How do I get the eBook Library to not freeze up now? It works perfectly fine UNTIL I plug the Reader in. If I delete the database xml file from the Reader, will that fix the problem or just cause more trouble?

BTW, I have a 505 and WinXP, and the Reader is recognized by Windows when I plug it in.

Thanks.

Last edited by JTravers; 11-27-2007 at 09:23 PM.
JTravers is offline   Reply With Quote