Thread: Classic Nook with Pearl screen?
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 10:42 PM   #14
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Josh, I am in Canada as well, and while in the States last week I bought a Nook. I was in between a Nook and the Kindle 3.

I have only had my nook for 4 days, but even though I have been playing around with it constantly I am still at 50% battery. I was using my phone and had to charge it almost every day when reading a lot, so if I get a week I will be happy. I think the screen on the Nook is great, better than say the Kobo.

Personally, I like how much lighter the new kindle is. That was the biggest plus for me. The battery was great on the K3, but I couldn't replace it if I had to like I can with the Nook. You can convert your mobi files if you buy another reader, but it might be a pain. And in turn you can convert some of your epubs to mobi. although you never know what new restrictions will be in place in a year or two, so that might change.

In the end I ended up going with the Nook because:
1. I have mainly epubs so far and like the ease of use with them
2. I like that you can see your covers while searching because I sometimes forget the name of a book, but remember the cover
3. I didn't want to pay an extra $2 for my books because I am in Canada, now I can still get them from my regular sources
4. I felt the lcd screen was really easy to use and thought it would be faster for me than the k3 navigation
5. I didn't want to wait!

You have to decide what is most important to you in a reader. If battery life is something you need, then a new kindle would be better. If you care more about compatibility with ebooks, then the nook would be a better choice.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote